Korean J Gastrointest Endosc > Volume 34(3); 2007 > Article
Korean Journal of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2007;34(3): 138-142.
경피 경간 담관 배액관 유도하의 담관 내 삽관: 수정 랑데부 술기
김홍주·최선형*·박정호·박동일·조용균·손정일·전우규·김병익
성균관대학교 의과대학 강북삼성병원 내과학교실, *방사선과학교실
Bile Duct Cannulation Guided by a Percutaneous Transhepatic Biliary Drainage (PTBD) Tube: Modified Rendezvous Procedure
Hong Joo Kim, M.D., Seon Hyeong Choi, M.D.*, Jung Ho Park, M.D., Dong Il Park, M.D., Yong Kyun Cho, M.D., Chong Il Sohn, M.D., Woo Kyu Jeon, M.D. and Byung Ik Kim, M.D.
Departments of Internal Medicine and *Radiology, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Abstract

Background/Aims:
To describe a simple and useful modification of the rendezvous technique using a PTBD tube as guidance.
Methods:
From January 2005 to August 2006, a total of 436 ERCPs were performed. A diagnosis of choledocholithiasis was made in 235 cases. Deep cannulation of the bile duct using standard techniques was unsuccessful in 27 patients (11.5%). A precut papillotomy led to successful cannulation in 16 out of these 27 patients (59.3%). The remaining 11 patients (40.7%) underwent PTBD with the tube tip placed in the second portion of the duodenum. Bile duct cannulation was attempted with the guidance of a PTBD tube in 9 cases. In the other 2 cases, the transduodenal approach was impossible due to a previous Billroth II operation.
Results:
Bile duct cannulation guided by a PTBD tube, which is also known as a modified rendezvous procedure, was successful in 9 out of 11 patients (81.8%). Deep cannulation of the bile duct was achieved in 100% of patients, who could be treated by endoscopy. There were 7 cases of transient hyperamylasemia (77.8%) but no procedure-related major complications or mortality.
Conclusions:
Bile duct cannulation guided by a PTBD tube in patients with choledocholithiasis can be recommended when ERCP is unsuccessful using the standard technique. (Korean J Gastrointest Endosc 2007;34:138⁣142)
Key Words: Selective bile duct cannulation, Percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage, Modified rendezvous technique
주요어: 선택적 담도 삽관, 경피 경간 담도 배액술, 수정 랑데부 술기
TOOLS
PDF Links  PDF Links
Full text via DOI  Full text via DOI
Download Citation  Download Citation
CrossRef TDM  CrossRef TDM
  E-Mail
Share:      
METRICS
1,908
View
16
Download
Related articles
Pneumoperitoneum after Endoscopic Duodenal Stent Insertion in a Patient with Percutaneous Transhepatic Biliary Drainage and Biliary Stent: A Case Report  2019 May;52(3)
Piggyback Rendezvous Cannulation for Endoscopic Metal Stent Conversion of Percutaneous Transhepatic Biliary Drainage  2018 March;51(2)
Editorial Office
Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
#817, 156 Yanghwa-ro(LG Palace, Donggyo-dong), Mapo-gu, Seoul, 04050, Korea
TEL: +82-2-335-1552   FAX: +82-2-335-2690    E-mail: ce@kams.or.kr
Copyright © Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.                 Developed in M2PI
Close layer